Although the Institute does not arrange accommodation on behalf of students, we are pleased to work in partnership with the University of London Housing Service (ULHS).
The ULHS offer an online database of accommodation provided by registered landlords and letting agents, these include flats and houses for groups as well as rooms in shared flats and houses. ULHS aim to ensure that all Landlords are reputable and ask them to sign up to a code of good practice.
They also have offers of short term accommodation on their database and other information on short stay options on their website which includes accommodation with host families, private halls of residences, hostels and hotels.
ULHS can offer guidance on which London areas to look at, how to find housing and helping you budget among other things. They produce a London Student Housing Guide which includes much useful information which can be found here. The Institute also has copies available and these can be accessed by students during Registration.
ULHS also provide a contract checking service before you sign up with landlords, and if you experience any difficulties they can also provide legal advice and support to you as and when you need it. Contract checks and legal advice are given on an appointment basis.
If you have any questions about finding accommodation in London please contact ULHS:
Once you have been made an offer of a place on one of our Master's or Semester programs, you will receive access to the Welcome Website and instructions on how to register with ULHS. The Welcome Website hosts a discussion board where accepted students can connect with their peers so that they can search for housing together.
If you have any queries ahead of submitting your application, please email email@example.com
Accommodation in London for Summer Study Students
ULHS can also assist Summer Study students in finding accommodation.
Students can register with ULHS once they have received proof of enrollment, or they can book accommodation directly with organizations below. As a guide the following organizations offer affordable accommodation during the Summer months in London.
Please note that the Institute does not accept responsibility for the information contained in the following links. The existence of external links does not represent an endorsement by Sotheby’s Institute of the site concerned.
University Halls of Residence
- Intercollegiate Halls of Residence of the University of London
- Halls of Residence of University College London
- Halls of Residence of the London School of Economics
- University Rooms
Independent Halls of Residence
- International Students House: accommodation located opposite Regents Park is available but rooms are mostly shared.
- Lee Abbey London: located in Kensington, Lee Abbey offers a range of accommodation for students staying for at least one full term.
- Goodenough College: these halls of residences for post graduate students are located in Mecklenburgh Square and have excellent facilities.
- Unite: this agency wraps up the price of all bills, internet access and contents insurance within the price of your room.
- Blue Print Living Apartments
- A Place Like Home
- Clarendon UK
- Homes for Students
- House Trip
- SACO Apartments
- Bridge Street
- House of Moli