The course will cover topics such as art as data sources, analytical methods, industry research and blockchain. The live virtual sessions will also introduce a set of a tools and methodologies to harness data and analytics, to build a better understanding of the performance and dynamics of the underlying art market.
This Intensive Course consists of live-streamed lectures and discussions. Recordings of the live sessions are accessible anytime during the course via our online learning platform, Canvas.
Students will learn:
- To understand the role technology playing in terms of transforming today’s art market
- To investigate online buying, online platforms and new eco-system of art tech services
- To question what data exists in the art market through an in-depth look at sources and providers
- To understand can we use and interpret data.
- To understand the use of Blockchain and AI and Machine learning in the art world