Join Institute faculty, auction house specialists and leading professionals as you equip yourself with the skills to get ahead in the commercial art world today.
Over three terms (each of which can be undertaken as a ‘stand-alone’) this course enables participants to develop their practical understanding of the fields that govern the shape and conduct of the international art market. The first term tackles curating, providing a comprehensive overview and understanding of multifaceted curatorial practice in museums, commercial galleries and pop-up spaces. The second term addresses the successful management of both physical and virtual gallery spaces, and the often overlooked and complex logistics of such an enterprise. The third term explores marketing in the arts: digital, influencer and content marketing, social media, optimisation tactics, brand management, public and press relations, strategic and budget planning.
Suitable for beginners as well as art world professionals looking to develop their existing knowledge and expertise.
Each module includes:
- Certificate of participation upon completion of the course;
- Three eight-week terms, with a half-term break during each term;
- Lecture with time for questions and discussions each week;
- Wine receptions with faculty and fellow participants each term;
- Learning in the Institute's historic Georgian townhouse campus at the heart of Bloomsbury.
Spring 2020: Gallery Management and Art Logistics
Summer 2020: Marketing
Autumn 2020: Curating