Just like the art world itself, the role of the curator and the meaning of curating have evolved significantly since the turn of the century. This intensive five-day course provides a comprehensive overview and understanding of multifaceted curatorial practice today. Combining classroom-based lectures with guided visits, the programme explores curating in museums, commercial galleries and pop-up spaces. The practical elements of curating, from design and installation to media relations are also addressed. Participants are equipped with a thorough understanding of the various functions of the curator in an international art scene which has never been more diverse.
This course includes:
- Certificate of participation on completion of the course;
- Expert lectures with time for questions and discussion;
- Guided visits to London-based museums and commercial galleries;
- Networking opportunities with faculty and fellow participants;
- Welcome lunch and refreshments;
- Learning in the Institute's historic Georgian townhouse campus at the heart of Bloomsbury.