From the days of early antiquity, royal and noble women have covered themselves with priceless jewels. Join Daniela Mascetti, Chairman of Jewellery, Sotheby’s Europe, on a journey through four hundred years of beauty, glamour and romance as she explores some of the most iconic pieces and important gemstones in European history. From Marie de Medici and Marie Antoinette to Empress Eugenie and the Duchess of Windsor, the course immerses participants in the stories of private royal collections, as well as those owned by the State. It culminates with a handling session of forthcoming sale highlights at Sotheby’s, New Bond Street.
Suitable for jewellery historians, collectors and enthusiasts, as well as all those with a passion for royal history and style. Minimum age 18.
This course includes:
- Specialist-led lectures on royal jewellery, jewellery design and gemstones;
- A private handling session of forthcoming Sotheby’s jewellery sale highlights;
- Learning in the Institute’s historic Georgian townhouse campus at the heart of Bloomsbury;
- Networking opportunities with faculty and fellow participants;
- Informal buffet lunches;
- Certificate of participation on completion of the course.