This unique one-day course provides participants with an overview of the history of and market for fine watches. From their origins in the sixteenth century, via the exquisite timepieces of the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries, to the evolution of the modern wristwatch, Benoit Colson, Specialist at Sotheby’s, illuminates this fascinating field for beginners and connoisseurs alike. Highlighting artisanship and technology, as well as the qualities and makers to look for when building a collection, the course includes a private handling session of forthcoming Sotheby’s sale highlights.
This course includes:
- Certificate of participation on completion of the course;
- Specialist-led lectures with time for questions and discussion;
- Private handling session of forthcoming Sotheby’s watch sale highlights;
- Networking opportunities with faculty and fellow participants;
- Learning in the Institute's historic Georgian townhouse campus at the heart of Bloomsbury.