By immersing ourselves in the creative process, we can find a visceral connection that goes beyond an academic appraisal. It is a way into the mind of the artist at the moment of creation. In this six-week course, we investigate the art of portraiture. With practical sessions, exhibition and studio visits, you will combine research and practice to think more deeply about the value of a work of art.
Suitable for all abilities, particularly those with a passion for art history and art business, who may not have had much exposure to practice. Minimum age 18.
This course includes:
• Six three-hour sessions with time for questions and discussion each week;
• Four practical life drawing sessions with individual tutorial and critique;
• All necessary art materials provided;
• A studio visit to a contemporary practitioner with opportunities for questions and discussion;
• A study visit to a major London exhibition with specialist insight;
• Refreshments provided;
• Learning in the Institute's Georgian Townhouse campus at the heart of Bloomsbury;
• Certificate of participation on completion of the course.