London is a leading centre of expertise in the field of Asian art, while Asian Art in London (AAL) is firmly established as a key annual event attracting gallerists, dealers, collectors and curators from all over the world. The British capital plays a pivotal role in developing the diverse and prolific area of modern and contemporary Asian art within Europe in response to its rising profile in the global art market. This five-day course provides participants with a solid overview and understanding of the key structures and issues both within and outside Asia. It also examines the impact of prevailing trends on both artistic practices and the art business landscape today. The course coincides with AAL Week (31st October – 9th November 2019) and is complemented by guided visits to Asian Art auction preview, gallery and museum exhibitions in central London. Suitable for collectors, business professionals and investors looking to gain up-to-date insights into the Asian art market. Minimum age 18.
This course includes:
• Faculty-led lectures on the primary and secondary art markets, research tools and the opportunities and risks of fine art investment;
• A panel discussion with opportunities for questions and discussion;
• Learning in the Institute's historic Georgian townhouse campus at the heart of Bloomsbury;
• Networking opportunities with faculty and fellow participants;
• Certificate of participation on completion of the course.