Event InformationWHEN: Wednesday, 27 April 2016 from 18:30 to 19:30 (BST).
Sotheby’s Institute of Art Alumni in conversation with the Director of Careers Services
We are pleased to invite you to join an informal online conversation with the Director of Careers (London) and two alumni who have since established their careers in the Art World.
Vivian Tong who graduated from the MA in Fine and Decorative Art, London (2009) and Claire Owen, graduated in 2009 from MA Art Business, London and currently working at Sutton PR will be in conversation with Zoe Mogridge, Director of Careers Services at Sotheby’s Institute of Art-London, discussing their career trajectory to date.
One of the main goals of Sotheby’s Institute of Art is to enable our graduates to access their chosen professional life. Our Careers Services are designed to provide career management support which includes applying your skills, knowledge and experience to the job market, enabling students to become confident in their own professionalism. We have the resources to help you consider the wealth of career options open to you, market yourself effectively for the art world, network and find jobs and internships that will be a good fit for your talents. Most MA students start their career while writing their dissertations in the 3rd semester. We strongly advise students to take advantage of the many opportunities we provide such as:
- One to one or small group career support sessions with the Director of Careers Services
- Online vacancy portal (College Central) utilized by art world employers specifically seeking Sotheby’s Institute student and alumni talents
- CV/Resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio reviews
- Interview Preparation Assistance
- Panel discussions, career talks by various art world employers and career management workshops
- Networking opportunities are provided with students meeting with a wide range of key Art World employers
- Exclusive recruitment opportunity to the Sotheby’s Auction House Internship Programme
Wednesday, 27 April 2016 from 18:30 to 19:30 (BST). Click here to RSVP.